Hey everyone. Bailey here. I just got back home from the 2010 Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF). About 130,000 people attended the 4 day event. I only made it to today’s festivities, but there was definitely a LOT to see. If anyone is planning on checking it out next year, here are some do’s and don’ts:
1) Check out any and all Gundam booths. I found the promotion for “Gundam: Unicorn” pretty awesome and not a lot of people to contend with for pictures.
2) Take pictures with all the booth babes and costumed characters. Some of the best photo ops I’ve ever seen (and I’m a looooong time AX/Comic Con vet) with little to no people in line for these awesome photos.
3) Get there early. The lines are CRAZY.
4) Avoid the limited stuff. The otakus seemed to go into a feeding frenzy over anything exclusive. But the lines and the hassle aren’t worth it. Enjoy walking around the seemingly empty hallways while everyone else sits in lines.
5) Check out the 3-D anime booths. I seriously cannot WAIT to start watching anime in 3-D on my TV.
1) Go near the Otakus. By Day 4, they were smelling a bit ripe.
2) Waste time in the Anime Bazaar. Really nothing fun there to buy and it’s very small.
3) Go in cosplay. That’s right, it’s forbidden. A big bummer to us cosplay fans, but also nice not to have to avoid the photo ops every 10 feet.
If you want to see MORE photos from TAF, check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BaileyChadwick
And finally….remember Johnny Yong Bosch….I’m coming for you. MUAHAHAA!